I’m back with my latest round of trash! Two rounds actually, but I’m splitting them into two posts (stay tuned for vol. 4 soon) for easier writing and reading. These are products I’ve used up over the course of the last year or so and I can say the ones in this round were particularly well loved. In January I created a spreadsheet to start keeping track of when I began and emptied new products, which I highly recommend to do for budgeting and figuring out how much you are spending on products in a calendar year. Products in this post were used up prior to creating the spreadsheet.
- Stark Skincare Aurora Cleanse + Hydrate Balm: Tried and true on the GBM blog! I have been using Aurora for years and can say that it is hands down, my utmost favorite cleansing balm and oil based cleanser on this planet. It’s perfectly creamy, semi-rinsable and it smells like a vanilla-cocoa sweet orange treat. It’s skin softening and moisture replenishing, it gets the grits out of my pores, and makes a great buffer/base to use with a foaming cleanser. If you’re unsatisfied with the cleansing balms in your life, please try this one! $40; 2oz.
- Heart of Gold Sea Change Cleansing Balm*: I received this cleansing balm in a gifted Boxwalla beauty box last August and I used it up rather quickly compared to my normal pace of using up products. I really liked this cleansing balm despite it going against my preferences for a softer cleansing balm – this one is super solid in the jar and must be scraped out and warmed between hands before massage. But the luxurious performance and fennel scent sweeped me off my feet! Heart of Gold has a reputation for very intricate and other-worldly product recipes and it’s hard to describe this balm because of it, you’ll have to try it for yourself to see the magic. $44; 50ml.
- Stark Skincare Petrichor Purifying Tonic: Another Stark tried-and-true favorite – this mist is purifying yet hydrating, energizing yet grounding; it’s a paradox like pretty much every product in their line. This mist smells like vetiver and it’s chock full of everything skin loves: hydrators, moisturizers, and white willow bark to keep your pores clean. Perfect for layering with any product – I can’t recommend this mist enough. Wonderfully affordable at $32; 4oz.
- 5YINA Lucent Summer Hydrolat*: This mist was another gifted Boxwalla beauty box product that I received last June and promptly used it up within a couple of months or less, I’d estimate. It reminds me of my beloved Stark Skincare Petrichor tonic, but a little less hydrating. BUT still good. It’s light, airy, and smells like a combination of vetiver and petit grain. Perfect for Summer as it was created to be and I would definitely consider using this one again. $45; 60ml.
- Stark Skincare City Recalibrating Oil: I don’t know how many more times I can say “tried and true” and “most favorite ever” buuuut it’s going to happen again here because I LOVE this face oil. Like Aurora, I have been using this product for years and as long as it exists it will never not be in my top fave facial oils. It smells earthy like pine needles but in a good and fresh non-overwhelming way, and it’s so juicy yet light at the same time. Amazing for day or night and for every time of the year, although I love the way the scent and feel of it pairs with the spring/summer seasons. How can you not love an oil blend that includes squalane and broccoli seed? (unless you are sensitive to those, of course, ha). If you’re looking for an all-around amazing facial oil that’s affordable and will treat your skin good, please consider this one. $40; 30ml.
- MŪN Skincare Aknari Brightening Youth Serum*: Received in a gifted Boxwalla beauty box in 2018 and used up long ago, but somehow lost in a bottomless pit of products in a bathroom drawer. That makes it sound like I didn’t like this product, but this oil is highly beloved by me and is all-time favorite oil. MŪN’s star product is made with argan oil, prickly pear seed oil, and rose. These three ingredients combine to create a dream of an oil serum – it’s light, delicate, yet so encompassing and juicy. I’m on my second bottle currently and I don’t want to be without this oil in my collection. Use promo code GBM15 for 15% off orders at MŪN Skincare. $110, 20ml.
- Twelve Beauty Ideal Brightening Corrective Serum*: This round of empties was just full of Boxwalla goodies! They sure know how to pick great products. I also received this one a couple years ago and used it up early last year. I remember being really impressed by the efficacy of this serum and how it truly brightened my complexion to the point others were noticing and complimenting me on so. Twelve Beauty’s products also smell amazing, like light sweet almond scents – very spa-like. This is one of those products I would definitely like to come back to, but find myself either endlessly trying new products or am trying to keep a minimal routine. If you’re in need of a luxurious brightening serum, I recommend to try this one. $90; 1oz.
Another round of empties will be up soon – stay tuned!