A few weeks back I won a $50 iHerb shopping spree giveaway on Instagram provided by Vanessa from the Clean Curator blog and the lovely people at iHerb. I was so grateful and excited to have won because iHerb is my main shopping destination for my green beauty basics. They carry a wide range and selection of non-toxic products, from very recognizable clean beauty brands, to eco-friendly items, groceries and supplements, housewares, laundry products, pet products, and more. The majority of what they carry is quite affordable and it’s fun to peruse their site and find so many things to add your wishlist. They often have brand discounts and their shipping minimum is just $35 for the US, so it’s one of the main reasons why I choose to shop at iHerb more often than sites like Amazon or Vitacost. I will share my coupon code at the bottom of this post that’ll save you 5% on your next order- applies to new and current customers!
With my $50 I picked some wishlist items, some skin care and body care staples that I always repurchase, and a few items that I needed. Not pictured is the laundry detergent I bought, only because I literally couldn’t fit the bottle into the picture with the rest of the products. On to the haul!
- Acure Organics Brightening Facial Scrub – This is my third time to repurchase this facial scrub and it is a definite staple in my night time skincare routine. This scrub exfoliates the skin with lemon peel granules and it has just the right amount of abrasiveness where it’s not too harsh on the skin nor too lightweight that it feels like it’s doing nothing. It has an interesting look because it’s quite thick and made with green clay and sea kelp. It looks a bit like kelpy ocean sludge, but in a good way! It also contains spearmint which adds a nice, refreshing minty smell to the ocean sludge you’re about to smear on your face. I find that it effectively removes dead skin, leaving my skin smooth and brightened. It also makes for a great mask to leave on in the shower for a few minutes!
- Devita Cappucino Cocoa Mud Mask – I’ve been in need of a new clay mask for some time and when I found this one on iHerb I loved the minimal and clean ingredients list (and it sounded delicious) so I chose to try this one. I’ve just used it one time so far and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I haven’t see that it pulls any oil from my pores and it was extremely tightening and drying, something I’ve never experienced with other clay mask. After I mask my skin typically looks better, in a rejuvenated and clean way but I didn’t experience that with this mask. I’m going to continue using it once a week and I might do a full review on it.
- One with Nature Dead Sea Salt Bar – Another long time staple that’s in my shower. This is my favorite bar soap of all time! I firmly believe the dead sea salt in it has improved the health of my skin. Most soaps and body wash make my skin look dried out and they clog the pores on my back and chest – but this bar soap undos the damage from past soaps and it continues to keep my skin healthy and clogged pore-free. It also seems to last much longer than any other bar of soap I’ve used. I highly recommend this one!
- Heritage Store Rosewater & Glycerin Face Mist – I just needed a basic face mist both for my skincare routine and for setting my makeup. I picked this one up because it contains glycerin which is a humectant and attracts moisture to the skin. I feel that it gives my skin an extra boost of moisture and I like the slightly tacky feel that glycerin leaves on the skin. In my experience with face mists that don’t contain glycerin or oils, it is basically water that just evaporates off the skin leaving it more dry than it was to begin with. This one is great, affordable, and smells so lovely like roses of course. Highly recommend!
- Acure Organics Coconut & Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes – I admit that I’m guilty of removing my makeup with cleansing wipes but it’s only because I’ve been so unsatisfied with the cleansing oil method. After 2 years+ of using the OCM, I was seeing that over time my pores seem to had enlarged and my skin appeared so dull no matter what oil I cleanse with. I suspect that over time oil had been stripping my skin of its natural oils too much so I have since stopped. I now remove as much makeup as possible with a cleansing wipe and then follow with my usual cleanser and I find it to be adequate in removing all makeup. These wipes are quite basic but great – they have the perfect amount of moisture in them (it’s mostly water and different oils) and they don’t leave my skin too dry nor do they leave a residue behind. Like I mentioned, I follow with a facial cleanser but I don’t want cleansing wipes to contribute to dryness.
- Acure Organics Lip Lush in ‘Shmexy’ – This lip lush is a sheer pink gloss with no shimmers. It’s so sheer that I don’t think it will provide much pigment to anyone’s lips no matter the skin tone but for a basic, inexpensive but clean lip gloss it’s quite nice and really nourishing. This one smells a bit like cherry Starburst and I’m quite enjoying it.
- Hurraw! Unscented Lip Balm – The Hurraw! Lip Balms are some of my all favorites because they’re so effective at moisturizing my lips and keeping them feeling hydrated. They don’t contain beeswax which is how I prefer my lip balms to be because I find that if a lip balm contains it, it’s less moisturizing on my lips and it actually makes them hurt from dryness. The unscented one is very lovely and neutral with no obvious scent and it’s nice to have an unscented one for night time or if you’re just prepping the lips for other lip products. I did kind of pick this one just because of the packaging 🙂
If you’re interested in checking out iHerb for yourself, I have a coupon code that will save new AND current customers 5% on your next order! At checkout, apply coupon code FPK255 or you can click any of the product links in this post, add them to your cart, and the code will automatically apply at checkout. Happy Shopping!