The majority of the time I don’t purchase makeup and skincare in sizable hauls, so you’ll often catch me sharing new individual items on my Instagram, but I’m not as great about sharing those new products on the blog since I’m not sure how to fit them into posts. I finally figured out a good title for this post so today I’m sharing a few odd bits of makeup that I’ve been loving for the last 1-3 months from brands Kosas and Silk Naturals.
Speaking of sizable makeup hauls, I did recently purchase a handful of products from PYT Beauty that I’m itching to share soon! I plan to have that review up as soon as I photograph some eye looks that I will create with their cool and warm eyeshadow palettes.
Onward to the Kosas and Silk Naturals…
- Kosas 10-Second Liquid Eyeshadow in shade ‘Globe’ ($28) – Kosas 10-second shadows are thin liquid formulas designed to apply with ease and blend out with little effort. While the collection was half off, I picked up shade Globe which is a true champagne shade with the pale warmth it has to its undertone. These shadows come with a doe foot applicator and to apply I make 3 small swipes across the eye lid, then tap to blend out. Once I have the lid covered, I apply another small swipe close to the crease to further build it up and out. I experience slight creasing when I don’t wear primer underneath it, but that’s on par with me for most eyeshadows anyway. Even when I don’t use a primer and experience creasing, I would still say it has great lasting power and still looks great at the end of the day. I’m smitten with how gorgeous and shimmery this shade looks on me and I’m definitely interested in picking up more shades. Globe, for me, has been so easy to work with and blends with little effort – some light and quick tapping and it’s done!
- Kosas Wet Lip Oil in ‘Jellyfish’ ($27) – I love me a nice sheer lip oil and this one was my first ever Kosas purchase (the eye shadow only being the second, ha). As per usual I went for the clearest shade possible, Jellyfish. These are made with hyaluronic acid, peptides, oils, butters, and konjac root which combine to create a thicker formula that feels more like a gloss, but has all the nutrition and hydration of a lip oil. I go in with two applications for nice and shiny lips and while I find that it doesn’t last terribly long (it’s easy to lick off and much of it is absorbed by lips) I still really enjoy it and would repurchase it. It feels more like skincare for lips, rather than a lip makeup product.
- Silk Naturals Perfecting Powder ($8.95) – I mostly stick with powder foundation so setting powder seems to be an afterthought for me, although it shouldn’t be since most powder foundations don’t have absorbent qualities to them. If you’re going to wear makeup in the summer here in the South, setting powders are a requirement unless you want to be a porous grease ball! I was in need of a new one so I went on the hunt at Silk Naturals (my favorite store for affordable makeup goodies) and found that they have numerous options, but settled on trying the Perfecting Powder. This one is entirely sheer and sets with the perfect balance for my normal-dehydrated skin type – it mattifies and helps to fill in pores and lines, but it doesn’t make your skin stark matte and dry. I like to apply it first before my powder foundation to help fill in pores, since the ones on my forehead appear to be enlarged.
- Silk Naturals Cream Highlighter in shade ‘Limelight’ ($4.50) – I’ve shared this highlighter on the blog before (years ago I’m sure?) and decided to pick it up again when I bought the setting powder because I felt my Living Luminizer was running old. SN’s Limelight highlighter is somewhat of an alternative to RMS’s Living Luminizer, except it’s slightly more dry and has more “pow” to its light reflecting abilities. The swatch above is unblended, but it blends out to a super pretty candle-lit-from-within kind of glow. It’s so hard to beat this gorgeous of a product for under $5 bucks!
- Silk Naturals GWP eyeshadows in Fizzy and Aura – I didn’t swatch the Aura eyeshadow sample for sake of it being too small and I wanted to reserve it for the eyes, but rest assured it’s gorgeous and 100% pigment. Aura is described as a light shimmering gold with red and purple highlights and you can find a swatch on its product page! Fizzy was a limited edition shade that only shipped during the week I placed this order, but thought I’d swatch it for you all anyway. As you can see below, it almost looks like a blush swatch with its deep antique coral hue and makes for a lovely warm crease color.
I can’t understate my love and appreciation for Silk Naturals and their affordable but excellent makeup formulas and I’m so glad that my first dip into Kosas has been a positive experience. What products do you guys like and would recommend from Kosas? Any holy grails from Silk Naturals or other affordable and similar brands? Let me know in the comments below!