When I was contacted and asked if I’d like to give the Cellublue Cup* a try I iffed and awed about it because I’m usually skeptical of treatment devices that claim to have any sort of positive effect on the body. I also contemplated if such an item was a fit for my blog because I primarily review products and not tools such as this. But I came to the conclusion that it would be a great fit for my blog because it’s a natural, safer alternative to the chemical-laden cellulite creams on the market, but more importantly, I wanted to know if it would actually be effective at reducing the appearance of my own cellulite! Check the bottom of this post for giveaway details!
Before I get into how this little cup works, I want to talk about what cellulite is. Cellulite is simply fat under the skin that has herniated through connective skin tissues which gives the skin a dimpled appearance. It’s so common that it’s considered a secondary sex characteristic for women! So if you have it, rest assured that it’s perfectly normal and it’s as common as any issue can be for all women. I have deep cellulite on the buttocks and upper back thighs, as well as lighter dimpling on the sides of my thighs and front. I’ve dealt with it since the onset of puberty and even at my healthiest weight of 120 (I’m 5’5″) and being a bit active, I still had cellulite bad enough that shorts didn’t feel appropriate. It can be genetic, hormones, a weight issue, a blood circulatory issue, or an issue with connective tissues. No matter the cause, eliminating added sugar from your diet, losing weight and taking on healthy, active, fit lifestyles can help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
The CelluBlue Cup* is a medical-grade silicone suction cup that helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite by reproducing the palpate-roll massage – a method of massage that kneads the skin and aids in lipolysis (breakdown of stored fat by the body’s cells) and in blood circulation. All it takes is a daily 5 minute suction-massage session on the affected areas! You should start to see results within 3-4 weeks.
how to use it +
STEP 1: Apply a body oil of your choice to the cellulite-affected areas that you will be massaging. Apply an amount that will give the cup enough slip to easily glide across the skin. No body lotions or gels! Plain ol’ coconut oil will do and is the oil I most often use.
STEP 2: Squeeze the sides of the CelluBlue Cup to release air.
STEP 3: Place cup on the skin at the bottom of massaging area without releasing the sides of the cup.
STEP 4: Release hold of the cup – your skin should be sucked into the cup. If the suction feels too strong (it will be painful and will not glide well across the skin!) reduce it slightly by squeezing the sides of the cup, and start over.
STEP 5: Massage the area in straight lines from bottom to top for 3 minutes. Never go top to bottom nor back and forth. For example – if you are massaging your thighs, start at the knee and glide the cup to the top of the thigh. Once you reach the top of the thigh, release the cup and start over again at the knee, but starting in a different spot. It’s similar to the pattern of shaving your legs!
STEP 6: After those 3 minutes, you will now be massaging in zig zag patterns for 1 minute. Remember, always bottom to top!
STEP 7: After the 1 minute of zig-zag massaging, you will end the session with 1 minute of massaging in small circular motions. Bottom to top!
STEP 8: Your 5 minute massage is done, easy peasy! For deep cellulite, you can take it a step further and finish these areas by firmly pressing the cup into the skin. Move it a few centimeters without releasing pressure and wait a few seconds before moving it again.
It may sound complicated or as if it’s a lot of steps but it’s very simple! Oil up, then spend a total of 5 minutes using three different massage patterns. You will get accustomed to it in no time, learning the right amount of body oil for massaging and how much suction pressure you should be applying with the cup. Watch CelluBlue’s tutorial on how to use the cup!
My Results +
I did not take before and after photos because my cellulite is very close to private areas. I did keep a journal of my 4 week trial with the CelluBlue Cup, noting results and my learning curves with the cup!
- It’s a bit painful! It felt like my skin and the tissue on the sides of my thighs are sensitive. By day 4, the sensitivity decreased.
- At the end of week 1, I really got down the proper amount of body oil to apply. If you apply too little, the cup will not glide across your skin. If you apply too much, it’s too slippery and the cup will not suction correctly. I often applied too much suction with the cup.
- No more pain! Bruises started to appear though due to learning curves from week 1 where I had applied too much suction. Very small, light bruises which disappeared within days.
- I started to notice real results! The cellulite on the sides of my thighs was noticeably reduced, although still very much there.
- On week 3 I really got the massage routine down pat.
- More noticeable results this week! I’m now seeing progress on the front of my legs. It seems to have helped greatly with circulation because veins that were once a bit bulging are now reduced in appearance.
- My skin is starting to improve and look healthier! The increased circulation from the massaging has made my skin look thicker and more plump. I think that it’s somehow affected more than just the cellulite on the sides of my thighs, but has possibly helped release connective skin tissues. The sensitivity is gone but so is much of the texture that was once there. My leg vein results from week 3 are still noticeable and I’m seeing small results on the buttocks. The step where you massage in small circular motions has helped greatly in the buttocks area.
- Lastly, I want to note that after each massage session (even the very first ones in week 1) I noticed immediate, but temporary results. The increase in blood circulation causes the skin to swell slightly, giving it a more even appearance.
After seeing small but noticeable results for the last 4 weeks, I will continue use with the CelluBlue cup! It’s best to combine this kind of treatment with a healthy change of lifestyle to see max results in getting rid of cellulite.
Instagram giveaway Time! [CLOSED]
In collaboration with CelluBlue, I am hosting a giveaway over on Instagram! One of you will win your own CelluBlue Cup which comes in its own carry pouch as you see above. This giveaway is open internationally and runs Wednesday, June 22 to June 29. I will announce the winner on Instagram on June 30th and will update this post. Entry rules are super simple: just follow me, CelluBlue, and tag a friend in the comments of the Instagram post! Enter this giveaway here!
Follow CelluBlue on Instagram
*PR sent to me for consideration